Figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva decided to return to work with coach Eteri Tutberidze . This was reported on Wednesday morning by RIA Novosti. For the past few years, the Russian woman has trained in Toronto with Brian Orser. Last year, Medvedeva won bronze at the World Championships.
The deputy head of the Khrustalny skating rink Eduard Aksenov confirmed to SE that the figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva returned to the coach Eteri Tutberidze .
– Yes, the information has already appeared, there is no point in denying it. Evgenia returned to Tutberidze, it’s true. How did it happen? You’d better ask Yevgenia and Eteri Georgievna, – said Aksenov. (Dmitry Kuznetsov)
What media stars say about the transition
A well-known commentator Dmitry Guberniev in an interview with SE expressed his opinion about the return of Evgenia Medvedeva to his former coach Eteri Tutberidze :
– This is a healthy work process, when athletes leave their coaches, then go through some kind of thorny path, experience failures or, on the contrary, rejoice at victories, but from time to time everything returns to normal, – Guberniev told SE. – I’m not surprised, moreover, in the absence of Alina Zagitova, Medvedev can now be a huge irritant for everyone within Eteri’s group, and for all those who left – this is completely normal.
General producer of Match TV Tina Kandelaki
“The return of Evgenia Medvedeva – two-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist – to Eteri Tutberidze’s group was another piece of news (and what can I say – a sensation) of our figure skating,” Kandelaki wrote in her Telegram channel.
“The highest competition in the female“ single ”has not gone anywhere, the pressure to achieve a result in the Eteri group is also in place. But Zhenya wants to continue skating at the top level. Contrary to all objective circumstances. And this characterizes her no less than the achievements she has already achieved ”
Reaction in the figure skating world
Honored Coach of Russia Tatiana Tarasova
– I’m very happy. I think this is the only right decision, – said Tarasova. – And I’m happy that they came to him. (Artem Kalinin)
Three-time Olympic champion Irina Rodnina
– Medvedeva’s transition? They will determine for themselves whether this is correct or not. Now the situation is difficult, whether there will be a competition or not. I understand that there are problems in Canada. This coronavirus … Something must be leaving its mark. (Sport24)
Russian figure skater Alena Leonova
– I was shocked by this news, but it is joyful. I hope Zhenya will succeed, – said Leonova. – Of course, it’s hard to train overseas, without relatives. If Zhenya left Orser well, without scandals, then the news is good. I’m sure this transition will give her a jolt. That was what she lacked. (Sergey Fedorov)
Olympic champion Maxim Trankov
– If we talk about world figure skating, then there is nothing special in this return, – said Trankov. – It’s another matter that in Russia it is perceived as a sensation. In the rest of the world, athletes calmly move from coach to coach, returning if they don’t like something. He said this even when the scandal began after Zhenya left for Brian Orser. There is no problem in the world trying something new. Coaches, athletes and the public are very calm about this. (Sevastian Terletsky)